This event is so much more than just fundraising - the Funky Fun Run and Family Fun Days will take place in various locations around the state as an opportunity for autism families to gather their biggest supporters, friends, family, co-workers and classmates to celebrate the unique abilities individuals with autism bring to our community!
1) What does a Family Fun Day look like?
- Family Fun Days are FREE and open to ALL families looking to gather and celebrate Autism Awareness Month. Team leaders will include various activities for families to participate in such as inflatables, yard games, sensory digs, bubble stations, arts n crafts and more. Our goal is to be inclusive and welcoming to all families.
2) I don't want to run, can I still participate in the Funky Fun Run?
- Birmingham, Dothan and Sylacauga will host a timed 5K with walkers welcome. Anytime a 5K is offered, there is the option to walk with no competition.
3) I can't afford to register for the Fun Run or 5K. Can I just show up?
- Of course. While registration is encouraged, those who want to attend but not register can still do so. Individuals who do not register will not receive a t-shirt.
4) Should I dress up for the Funky Fun Run?
- YES! We would love to see participants dress up in their best retro gear! Whatever decade you bring - just have fun and get funky!
5) Who do these events benefit?
- The Funky Fun Run (previously called the Walk for Autism) and Family Fun Day is the Autism Society of Alabama's annual fundraiser to maintain ASA's programs and services offered to autism families across the state. For a complete listing of programs click here.
6) How do I tell others about this event?
- We have created event pages on Facebook so we encourage you to Like, Post and Share about our Funky Fun Run and Family Fun Day.